Class agents serve as lead volunteer ambassadors for Johnson C. Smith University, assuming the primary roles of communicators, friend-raisers, and fundraisers for members of their graduating class. Class Agents assists in ensuring the on-going life and legacy of the University, making access to an excellent education available for current and future generations of students.
Adrian Lanett Harper
Born and raised in Charlotte, NC, Adrian began her relationships with Johnson C. Smith University on a Track & Field scholarship. Although she did not continue as a student-athlete, her time a JCSU prepared her for a life filled with opportunities she would not have had otherwise. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts and enjoys working with the students on campus directly and through other opportunities presented by the University. She is passionate about HBCUs and is the Founder and CEO of The A.L. Harper Foundation, Inc.
Made her journey to Johnson C. Smith University from Chester, PA to study Communications, but after the first year changed to become an English major with aspirations to become a lawyer. Nina's time at JCSU was truly "a different world," but an experience she will never forget! As a resident advisor in Myers Hall for 3 years holding positions as an SGA secretary, 2 term Student Board of Trustees' member, and member/Chapter President of the Gamma Lambda Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, have all contributed to her character, values and woman she is today. Nina holds a Bachelor of Arts in English, a Masters of Arts in Teaching (Trinity University), and currently a resident of Waldorf, MD, a Kindergarten Teacher in the DC Public Schools, and an adjunct professor for Trinity University in Early Childhood Education. Nina loves her HBCU JCSU and devoted to making an impact in the lives of all children and youth, especially African American.
It is our goal to keep you informed with what is going on at the University at all times. Help us by updating your information.
In 1867, the Rev. S.C. Alexander and the Rev. W. L. Miller saw the need to establish an institution in this section of the South. On April 7, 1867, at a meeting of the Catawba Presbytery in the old Charlotte Presbyterian Church, the movement for the school was formally inaugurated, which by charter was named The Freedmen's College of North Carolina, and these two ministers were elected as teachers…